Monday, December 28, 2009

Tweeting

I have signed up for Twitter in the past and posted a few tweets. As a personal choice, I don't tweet anymore. It was interesting, but not vital. I figure with Facebook, text messaging, and emails that I am connected as I want to be to my Followers.

However, I can see its uses for libraries who have Twitter Followers. We could tweet out news on a daily basis. News about new parking garages, holiday hours, special programs, resuming children's programming, summer reading, noteworthy books, book sales, festival info. Then if we wanted, we could even try 140 character book reviews each Friday or Sunday. That might be fun.

Let's see:

Lost City of Z by David Grann-In 1925, explorer P. Fawcett disappears w/ his son in the Amazon jungle. Join the search! Gripping nonfiction.

Hmmm. 140 characters would be a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment