Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Why Tube?

I, along with millions of people, have determined that You Tube is GREAT! .....and .....stupid.

As for usefulness to our public library, I think Book Trailers are a KILLER idea! I think you can get so creative with them, reach a new audience, have fun at work, and keep a wide variety of Book Trailers on our site. I would love to see us embrace this technology and use some space in the teen room to show our creations.

Some other uses might include:

How to check stuff out : e.g. check out videos, audios, books, etc. using our self check machines.

How to search for items.

Keep folks up to date on library changes and even the parking structure!

Short bookclub questions and discussions.

Virtual Tours of the Library

Storytimes or puppet shows for kids

How to do research for teens

.....stuff like that......

My two cents.



No comments:

Post a Comment